- 1 tablesp. olive oil
- 450g lean pork mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 chilli, chopped (plus seeds if you like it hot!)
- 1 dessertsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime (optional)
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large hot baked potatoes
Get the kids involved
This is a great dish for allowing the kids to serve themselves. Allow each to fill their potato at the table where they can choose from a selection of toppings such as grated cheese, crispy bacon or soured cream.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Celery and Pepper Salsa
Finely chop 2 sticks of celery and a red pepper and combine with oil, a chopped clove of garlic, juice of half a lemon, salt and pepper and chopped coriander, if available.
Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Add the pork and brown well. Stir in the onion, garlic, chilli, ginger, red pepper and lime juice, can of tomatoes and season well. Cook for 8-10 minutes.